Penny Rugs

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Greetings,

I've been obsessing on wool and penny rugs lately. Here are my results:



The first one is from a kit from Primitive Gatherings  Their wool was just delicious! The strawberries were super fun to make. I find wool so relaxing.

The last penny rug is one I designed myself. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I used a backstitch on each petal and stitched a swirly design. Then around each petal I backstitched in the contrasting lime green floss. The dots are french knots. The back of the rug is lined with black flannel.

It continues to be as hot as all get out here in Florida. I sure wish it would cool off! That won't be until the very end of October. Luckily we just booked a 7 day cruise up the east coast in mid October. Hopefully there will still be some fall colors to admire!

Take care of yourselves!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP