Confession Time

>> Friday, January 8, 2010



Well, it's 2:30 in the afternoon here and I'm still in my pajamas! LOL. Don't tell anyone!
Soon I'll brush my teeth--at least before my husband comes home from work!!!

"Why in the world am I still in my pj's?" you might ask. Besides the fact that I really don't sleep at night (thanks to menopause and MS) I've been obsessing on applique. And I have this most beautiful photo (above).  I thought I'd try and capture it in cloth.

Here's my first attempt...



Not too bad. Didn't bind it. (lazy, practical) If you click on the photo you can see I quilted it to look like water.

My critique:

PRO's                                                  CON's
Nice first attempt                              The yellow bit is weird, confusing
My embroidery is improving          The embroidery doesn't work
Quilting pattern good idea              Use a darker thread to emphasize the water

Summary: much fun and exciting. Back to the needle and thread. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Have a great afternoon!
Melanie

PS forgot to clean up the white pencil marks before photographing. OOPS!

4 comments:

Kigwit January 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I like it M! I like the movement of the water.

Wee Quilts January 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

Kigwit, Thanks! You're too kind. Please know I'm sorry for the loss of your Raymond.
Melanie

Rhonda January 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I think you did a great job. Your leaf is fantastic.

Wee Quilts January 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Rhonda, thank you! It was fun to do.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP