If You're Prone to Jealousy, Don't Read Any Further!

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

Counting the days...

Three weeks from today I'll be in Seattle for Sandra Leichner's two workshops, "Garden Bird" and "Tea with Me" at Block Party Quilters!  I am so very excited I can hardly contain myself!

After much begging sweet-talking,  I convinced my very practical husband to send me there for my early birthday present. (He still doesn't know what hit him).

IMHO, Sandra is the top applique artist around. She is oozing with artistic talent and needle skills to include embroidery. Add machine quilting and the whole package is amazing. I know I'm gushing, but go to her blog and see for yourself and follow her as she generously shares her wisdom. Be sure and check out her archives. She's fun to follow and has a great sense of humor.

Sandra is releasing a much anticipated book this fall. Be sure and look for it!

Melanie

PS  Found a great deal for a beginning applique thread collection. Superior Threads is offering a "Frosted Donut" of MasterPiece thread. It has thirty six bobbins in thirty six colors for...thirty six dollars! Quite a deal.

1 comments:

taylorsoutback February 15, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Found you by way of Sandra Leichner's blog...thank you so much for the Superior Thread Frosted Donut alert...even the name makes it a must have!! Gorgeous colors. May I tempt you with some Alaskan photos? Our son is a photographer there - he moved to Alaska in 2006 and absolutely loves it. Hoping to make our 3rd trip up there later this year. His website: www.sixtyonenorth.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP