Applique Makeover

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010


Well, I'm back from Seattle and I feel my applique skills have had a "makeover"! I can now make points I'm proud of, stitches that are vastly improved and invisible applique stitches! Thanks to my workshop with Sandra Leichner. If you have an opportunity, sign up for one of her classes. You won't regret it. She had the most amazing packets for each student with all materials needed, down to the thread and needles in the most darling little matchbooks. It was like a little present. Wish I had thought to take a photo of it. Sorry.

Thought you'd enjoy seeing the results of day two. Below is the applique complete with no embroidery. Now look at the photo at the beginning of the post. It has the embroidery. Amazing difference. It really completes the applique and makes it three dimensional and fun.



Now let me show you the changes in my applique. Here are my points and stitching before and after the workshop. Night and day, don't you think?









We had a blast and I had the pleasure of making some new friends. There's nothing more fun than spending time with women of like interests. Much laughter, teasing and encouraging was had by all.

Have a nice evening!

3 comments:

Robin March 11, 2010 at 3:19 AM  

I love the before and after pictures. Wow! The embroidery really takes the block to the next level. Beautiful work! It sounds like you had a great time and learned a lot. :)

Wee Quilts March 11, 2010 at 5:31 AM  

Robin, thanks for your comment. I did have a good time. Thank you for your compliment!

Frances B.,  March 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Hello Melanie! Your teapot is lovely! and so quickly finished. I look forward to following your blog.
--fsb

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP