EEK!

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010




I've been working on my little wren from Sandra Leichner's workshop. Looks nice doesn't he? I'm really pleased with how my applique skills are coming. (excuse the wrinkles)

Unfortunately, that's not really how he looks. I doctored him up in Photoshop. This is reality...


See the lovely BLEEDING berries?!!!!!!!!!! I used Marking Pencil Remover to remove pencil marks and instead my berries bled (and the pencil marks are still there!).

I've tried salt and vinegar, very diluted bleach and I'm now going to look up "Hari Kari" to see how to do it. If anyone out there has any suggestions, let me know. Pleassssse!

7 comments:

frances B.,  March 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

Your little wren is wonderful! Fix it. This is your challenge. Your wren applique is recoverable.

Crafty Maine Mom March 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Make bigger berries to cover those and the bleeding?

Robin March 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Have you tried Synthrapol yet? It might help. It worked for me when I had my purple bleeding debacle. Though I don't know that it will help with the pencil marks.

FrancesB March 21, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Melanie, I'm curious: what pencil marks?
fsb

Wee Quilts March 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Thanks everyone for your comments! No Hari Kari yet...LOL. To see the pencil marks for the vines etc click the photo and they'll be there.

My husband suggested one big berry!

Sandra,  March 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

MELANIE! Nooooooooo.

I am thinking the alcohol in the pencil removing solution may have been the culprit, although I have never had this happen.

Vinegar will set the dye. I agree with the other comment to soak it in a Synthropol bath. I have even putSynthrapol directly onto a problem area like a stain remover.

Do you want me to make you an alternate image with grapes or Laurel berries? I feel so bad.

FrancesB March 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

Melanie, how goes the little bird? Is your recovery effort proving successful?

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP