Embroidered Wool Applique

>> Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home Again!

There's no place like home. Although it's as hot as, well, let's just say my glasses fog up every time I go out and I feel like I need to shower after five minutes in the shade. Florida is the pits this time of year.

We loved North Carolina. I think I'm a mountain person. The fog in the valleys, the smell of pines and the wind blowing through the trees. Just lovely. It was in the 60's while we were there with a few highs in the low 70's. Just marvelous. It rained every day which just forced me to nap. (LOL). We did the tourist things like seeing Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock and taking the Blue Ridge Parkway. Everything was breathtaking.


This is a photo from the Blue Ridge Parkway.



This is the view from my bedroom window early one morning.

We also did the Hawk's Nest zipline which was a blast. There were ten runs, the longest 1800 feet. I just loved it. Screamed the whole way!

On the drive to NC and during free moments I worked on my embroidered wool applique. I really loved the work. It felt very creative and relaxing as I didn't have to worry about needle turning. I sewed and ripped and repeated. I'm very pleased with the results. I've finished two of six 5x5" squares. The background is linen.



I plan on piecing the six pieces together to make a wall hanging. We'll have to see how that works.

Hope you are doing well! Take care!

1 comments:

quiltingnana August 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

your NC photos are beautiful..it is such a great place to visit...also love your wool applique

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP