Busy Bee

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where have you been, you ask?!

Busy, Busy. It's spring here in Florida which means "hurry, hurry, do everything you need to outside because soon it'll be too hot to venture out". So I've been doing a lot of outdoor work. 150 cement border pavers to be exact, 20 bushes planted, trimming, cleaning out a disgusting garage etc. I'm walking around stiff like a little old lady. And the mosquitos are as large as hummingbirds right now. You see them flying towards you and you think "oh no, there goes a pint of blood". Why are slow creatures like mosquitos so hard to swat?

But really, don't you want to know about my quilting? Yes, I've been quilting! Or should I say piecing? I finally finished piecing the queen size quilt I've been making for my guest bedroom. What do you think? (Still needs to be quilted)



I just love it. The fabric is "Verna" by Kate Spain. The pattern is from Moda Bakeshop. (I wish I had sewn the borders as a unit and attached them together to the quilt. Would have been a lot easier. Too bad I didn't think of that until I was almost done!)


I also made two pillow cases. I found the pattern on You Tube and it was a blast to make. Works like magic. (I made the accent strip 1.25")




















I also added a 2" trim to some basic valences I bought from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $14. And, for overkill, I added a 4" trim to the shower curtain. Aren't we coordinated?! (Shams still to go)


Hope each of you is doing well.

2 comments:

Robin April 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM  

What a lovely quilt! And all of the coordinates you've made are just perfect. Beautiful!

Frances B.,  April 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Nice work, Melanie!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP