Laundry Day

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

Greetings! I've been busy making garden beds, mulching (40 bags!), power spraying everything in sight and that's just the outside! It's only five weeks until 40 members of my husband's family overtake Sarasota for a family reunion. Still much to do, BUT, I must find time for quilting and applique to keep my sanity.


This is what I've been working on the last few days. I call it "Laundry Day". I'm really pleased with it. The dress template comes from Nannette Merrill of Freida's Hive. The rest is of my own making. The clothes line is made with needlepoint ribbon stitched in a wrapped stem stitch, the pink stitched edge is Cosmos thread in a backstitch. The dresses are done in needle-turn applique with buttons and ribbons added. The center dress has a chain stitch at the top done in Cosmos. It's about 12"x24".

Now I'm going to quilt it and hang it in the....Laundry Room! (do you think it will encourage me to do laundry?...don't hold your breath!)

Hope each of you is doing well.
Melanie

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

This is adorable! I have to check out Nannette's design...

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP