Where does the Time Fly?

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well, today marks another birthday. Wow!

How did I get this old? I still think I'm 28 in my mind, but when I look in the mirror I ask "who is that middle aged woman"?! Not really what I thought I'd look like when I was older, but then again, I never thought I'd be old!

Have you ever really looked at the lyrics to the Beatles song "In My Life"? I really love it. Here's how it goes:

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affectiion
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more.

Though I know I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more.

My life has been full of good and bad things. The beauty of getting old is I realize I can survive pretty well. I grieve the loss of friends and family. I am thankful for my many blessings. I am even thankful for my Multiple Sclerosis because it has taught me how to live each day and squeeze joy out of every moment. 

Today I have a fun schedule. I'm going to Tampa to the IKEA store with two quilting friends from my monthly quilt group. We are going to drool over the fabric and perhaps buy some! And tonight my honey is taking me out to eat at a favorite restraunt. I just might have to have crab cakes! Yum!

Thanks for letting me wax philosophical. Have a beautiful day!

Melanie

1 comments:

Frances B.,  April 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reflections. Enjoy your day (and evening)!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP