Finished (finally!) quilt and Gift Idea

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well, I finally finished my first queen sized quilt. Whew! I don't understand how folks just punch these out. This quilt is a pattern from Moda Bakeshop and uses Kate Spain's "Verna" fabric line. I'm really pleased with how all of it came out.



I used a friend's long arm to quilt it. That was a blast,  kinda like driving a race car really fast. Takes your breath away. I used an overall stipple pattern. I also made pillow covers and pillow shams. This bedroom has pale yellow walls and a light blue carpet so it really works well together.


For your interest I'm including photos for a gift or decorating idea. These are my baby clothes framed. It seemed a shame to just put them in a closet so I put them in a deep frame (actually graduation frames). I used baby scrapbook paper, shrank my birth certificate down and framed some baby photos to put inside. The pink one is a pale white dress that I stuffed with pink tissue to puff it out.

Wouldn't this be a nice gift to give your child? Perhaps when they graduate, get married or even have a child of their own. Or it could be a cute decoration in a child's room.

Have a nice evening!

Melanie

2 comments:

frances B.,  May 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Great work, Melanie! You've inspired me to download that pattern from Moda,

Wee Quilts May 14, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Frances, it's good to hear from you! Thanks for the compliment! Hope you're doing well!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP