Running and Runners

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

Good Morning!

I hope each of you is well. The last two weeks have been physically challenging for me as my MS is causing my speech to slur. I weally hate dis new sympom. (you have to laugh!). We've tried IV steroids and now we're just watching to see what happens. Meanwhile my husband's family  arrives in eight days for a family reunion at our house!

I've been playing with paper piecing. I like it! I also decided it wouldn't do to have a store bought runner on the dining room table, so I made one.



I really like the colors and I'm pleased with how it turned out. The pattern only called for three blocks, so I added two more to make it long enough. I also added a piping at the edge of the binding for a little accent. It's made out of red and very light green linen. I loved working with linen. The floral pattern was a heavier fabric with a sheen on it, much like decorator fabric. It was more difficult to work with, especially when it came time to hand sew on the binding. (the back is all floral fabric).

Here in the States this is a holiday weekend with Monday being Memorial Day. We are honoring those who served in the military and died protecting our freedoms. Let Freedom Ring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP