Simple Sampler Blocks 7 & 8

>> Monday, July 12, 2010

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

I've finished blocks 7 and 8 for the Simple Sampler Quilt Along. I really enjoyed the Log Cabin (7). I think I'll have to make a quilt of Log Cabins. Here they are:

Seven:



Eight:

 Here are all of the blocks so far: (this is the best reproduction of their true colors)



 I'm also taking an online hand piecing class through Quilt University from Susan Purney-Mark. I really enjoy hand work. Here's what I've pieced so far:



 I'm waiting for instruction on how to attach seamed pieces. These three blocks will be sewn together to make a small table runner.

Have a great afternoon!







12 comments:

harleywife57/ Mickey White July 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

your colors are GORGEOUS ! this will be very lovely !

Pam July 12, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

I love you blocks the colors are beautiful!!! It's so fun looking at everyones work!!

Anonymous,  July 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Great blocks!! I love your rose piece in the middle of your log cabin, great job!

Anonymous,  July 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

These are so pretty and your hand piecing looks great.

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Beautiful blocks...

hugz, Pam

Anonymous,  July 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

The blocks look great!

Anonymous,  July 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Once again, your blocks are simply lovely. I just love the fabric choices and they are all finishing so well. Also, the churn dash is my favorite block, perhaps because it was the first one I learned about 20 years ago! (And I can't believe I'm old enough to say it was 20 years ago! ;)

Brittany July 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

They look great! Such pretty fabric choices too.

rayfamily July 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

I love the fabric combination's, the blocks look great!

Joanna July 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

I am in love with your log cabin block. The red fabric really does it. But that's not to slight the Mosaic. That one is gorgeous too. (I love the way I'm getting these block names down:)

Sue July 13, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Your blocks are so pretty! The fabric is beautiful!

Quiet Quilter July 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

So soft and old fashioned!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP