Stitch by Stitch

>> Friday, July 9, 2010

Greetings!

Hope each of you is doing well. Welcome readers from Simple Sampler Quilt-Along! I've been enjoying your sweet comments!

It's a bit embarrassing, it's almost 11 AM here and I'm still in my pajamas! But I haven't been a total lump (just a slob!). I finished the blocks for week three of Amy's "Simple Sampler Quilt-Along". They were easy and turned out well.

Block 5:


Block 6:


I've also been playing around with a Dresden Plate/Orange Peel quilt. Here is my first Dresden block. The Dresden blades are 2 1/4" long and the widest area is 3/4". The entire dresden is 6 3/4" across. I really like the blue against the green background. I tried to do a turquoise/brown combo but couldn't find the right brown. This one is "tamer" but beautiful.



Here is the Orange Peel block. I used a template from June Taylor's orange peel set. That made it a cinch. Each petal is 3 3/4".  The center is not perfect, but close enough for a first try. I expect to get better at matching the points. (you can click the photos for a closer view)


I have a special friend that has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She wants to make a last quilt and has asked for my help. It is quite bittersweet. If any of you are prayer warriors, please pray for Nancy.

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 comments:

Unknown July 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

LOL! Is there something wrong with being pjs all day? lol...NOT! PJs, the most comfortable sewing attire ever! very big grin! Anyhoo, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment! Your blocks are really beautiful!! love them together

hugz, Pam (fabrikdea.blogspot.com)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP