Sewing Like Crazy...And Nothing to Show for It!

>> Saturday, October 24, 2009

I've delayed posting, waiting to complete a project--but I realize it may be a few more days and I wanted to say hi.

I'm working on a gorgeous Dresden Plate table runner and chargers (Moda Bakeshop) that I've very pleased with. it's all pieced and sandwiched. Just need to quilt and bind it.

I'm also almost done with the first lap quilt I've made for myself. It's a lovely bow-tie pattern in blues, creams and a dash of red. All reproduction fabric and shirtings. All I have to do now is hand-stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. It looks great, if I say so myself! :D

I want to give you all a few "heads-ups" on neat things. If you go to Leah Day's website she has a Fabulous on-line video collection/e-book for sale ($18.95) called "Stitch It Up A Notch" about "How to Piece Perfect Quilts". I purchased it and learned so much I can already see a change in my work. It's worth the money and you can access the videos online anytime. She's the gal that has the 365 days of free motion quilting clips for free. She's a great teacher, very articulate and nice. Check it out.

Also, "Don't Look Now" has a Quilt-Along using the "Orange Peel" pattern with hand applique. She will have instructions and pattern downloads. The plan is to make about a block and a half a week to complete a twin size quilt. This is another extremely talented young lady that we can all learn from. If you mozy around her site you will see she is amazing. She will be teaching a different way to applique-not needle turn. Why don't you join us?

Hope each of you is doing well.

Melanie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP